Founded in 1996 by Dr. FX. Bernard & Dr. A. Deguercy, BIOalternatives is a private company (Contract Research Organization) specialized in Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology.
BIOalternatives provides services to support the early stages of drug discovery and the claim substantiation of healthcare compounds (active ingredients and finish products) using up-to-date in vitro solutions. Our capabilities include fast and cost-effective solution for:
- Model development and characterization
- Assay development
- Biological target identification
- Cell based assays
- Proof-of-concept, profiling and mechanism of action studies
- Biological analysis of preclinical and clinical samples
BIOalternatives has a special expertise in:
- Skin cell and tissue models,
- Epithelial cell and tissue models,
- Neural cell and tissue models,
- Mesenchymal cell and tissue models,
- Blood-derived immuno-inflammatory cells.
With 17 years of experience and more than 600 in vitro assays already developed, BIOalternatives provides services and customized solutions to more than 200 companies including the world's top pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and dermo-cosmetic industries.
Founded in 1996
Employees: 40 (30 scientists)
Corporate Headquarters: Gençay, Vienne France
Independent company (no financial/industrial investor)
700 square meter laboratory
600+ in vitro developed assays
Cumulative R&D spent > 15 % of turnover
Research tax credit (Crédit Impôt Recherche) accreditation (France)
BIOalternatives is located in the Middle West of France; only 1.5 hour from Paris and Bordeaux by train and few minutes from the University of Poitiers.
Fax: +33 (0)5184.108.40.206
for service and support